Friday, October 23, 2009

Damned if you do, damned if you don't...

HOLY SHIT, LICORICE GIVES KIDS ADHD IN THE WOMB!

Actually my mother's downfall was pepperoncini's and Coca Cola. Alas they haven't done that study yet.

ADHD seems to lurk everywhere, both in and out of the womb, and whether you DO or DO NOT do all kinds of ridiculous/normal things.

I think about this a lot because I know for a fact that to add a child to my life as is would be an exercise in extreme self-torture. I already just barely hold everything together.

Add ordinary parenting worries to the extra worries that I would have as an ADHDer? I'm starting to think that my parents aren't joking when they say "we don't need grandchildren". I used to think it was reverse psychology, lol.

I know lots of ADHDers make perfectly decent parents, I just don't know if I would! I could have saved a lot of money on birth control if I had been diagnosed sooner and been able to have this conversation with myself at age 18 instead of age 34. Lord...thousands of dollars.

No comments:

Post a Comment