Sunday, January 30, 2011

Dear dancilhoney: I don't whore out for free!

I got a comment that I'm declining to post. Normally I'm not into "censoring" or deleting comments because I like transparency with my dialog. That's the key to this situation though: it wasn't part of a dialog, it was a blatant "ad" for an alleged ADHD drug.

So, I just wanted to clear something up.

Whoever you are, username "dancilhoney", until you decide to send me a substantial check, which clears into my bank account, I will not be posting YOUR ads. I work hard, I need money, and I don't whore out for free.

I'd be delighted if some drug company wanted to pay me to post an ad here, actually. I could use some spare income, and heaven knows my audience is interested in information about ADHD.
I don't agree with everything that drug manufacturers do, or all of the ways that they conduct business, but to say that they do NO good in the world would be, from me, hypocritical. I love my ADHD drugs.

So...if you actually want to pay for adspace on my blog, by all means, we can probably work something out. Until then: go fuck yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment