Monday, January 24, 2011

A Challenge...

...it's a fact of life that we can't make every moment of our lives ADHD-friendly.

Today I am living that fact.

I have discovered that regular exercise is a helpful ingredient to my sanity. I'd gotten into a pretty cool routine of walking first thing in the morning with the dogs, then walking again at lunch and then maybe again in the evening.

And sometimes, during the day, a random quick jaunt around the neighborhood really clears my head. Or a zippy bike ride...I think REALLY well on my bike!

Today, it's about 10-below zero out, and with wind chill, it feels like 20-below. Going outside to get some fresh air, for more than 5 minutes, is just not an option (I don't thaw well).

I always take the stairs when I'm at work, but I'll probably take some gratuitous trips up and down just for the heck of it.

If you need me, I'll most likely be found jogging up and down the stairs of this Victorian mansion, adding my footprints to the history of the house....

No comments:

Post a Comment