Wednesday, March 3, 2010

I've got more ADHD drugs than a 3rd grade classroom...

Went to my prescriber today...we decided that I don't need to take anxiety medication right now. Why? Because the damned side-effect anxiety from the drugs is worse than the anxiety I was being treated for in the first place. I have a teeny Ativan stash for the sticky moments, and I'm way too much of a control freak to be an addict, so for now, that's fine.

Ha.

However, we raised the dosage on my Concerta, and he gave me a booster of a generic Methlypheniblahblahblahblah (I don't have the bottle right here) for if I feel like I need it after the Concerta wears off in the evening.

We'll see how this goes. So far so good with the Concerta. I sound like a total drug addict saying this but it's seriously smooth sh*t. You don't notice it kicking in until you notice you're not, you know, being hyper. Don't notice it wearing off until suddenly you notice that you're being, you know...hyper.

Am I anxious? Yup. But am I productive? Oh hell yes. I had lost a bit of my productive edge through this process of trying to treat both the ADHD and the anxiety. I missed it. I liked it. We still need to deal with the fact that my brain is wired at night like none other and it's not because of the stimulant, I'm just like that. However, when he suggested Ambien...so that if I'm going to be a perpetual motion machine during the day I am at least sleep at night... my response was oh HELL no.

I work part time as a criminal defense paralegal...I've actually worked with clients who have been arrested for DUI because they were sleepwalking on Ambien...not to mention some of the more comical side effects that you can Google for yourself.

No thanks. For now, this is the plan and I'm sticking with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment