Wednesday, March 3, 2010

The Horror of No Internet Access

I have learned to use lots of tools on the internet to organize my life and be productive. So what happens when the ol' internet access isn't working so great? Like for the last few weeks?

I GO NUTS. I GET BEHIND ON EVERYTHING. I GET GROUCHY. I CAN'T GET ANYTHING DONE! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

Today I've been working desperately to get caught up on emails, processing stuff...all the details of my life that I literally can't get done otherwise.

I use my email inbox to organize my "to-dos". I have different folders in my email accounts (yes, I have different accounts for different purposes, because otherwise I would go insane from the sheer volume...I get sometimes hundreds of emails per week). The folders are all for very specific things "Applications Needing Review", "Processed Applications"...folders for specific friends who send me a lot of email "Diane 2008"..."Diane 2009"..."Diane 2010"...I love Diane, she sends me tons of emails :)

I use online calendars from Google to schedule events and share the scheduling and payment info with my co-producers.

I have my blog which allows me to communicate and share with the ADHD universe.

Speaking of ADHD...it would be annoying to anyone to be disconnected from their organizing universe...but I'm an ADHDer...I have worked hard to reach this state of "life management" and I kick ass at it. But only when my tools are in working order. I have to work to externally organize what is internally explosive and free-flowing. I have to SEE my organized universe for it to even exist.

We had a storm last week that has screwed with phone access too, so I haven't even been able to call the internet provider to get them to fix this crap once and for all...so I'm on my work computer...gotta do what you gotta do...and me, I have a LOT to do...

No comments:

Post a Comment