Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Annoying To The General Population

There are things that drive ADHDers bonkers, and then there are things that would drive any sane human being bonkers.

Just now, I hold one of those things in my hands.

I'm doing manual data entry to update a list that my database can't seem to "sort out" on its own. Sometimes these evils are necessary. However, I have entered this particular list of numbers FOUR TIMES now. Each time I have entered the list, I have then hit "execute" and...I'd like to say some kind of intriguing "Kaboom!" occurred but it's actually a silent, empty blue screen. The kind of sickening silence you can only earn after your hard work has come to a repeated, impotent fizzle due to factors beyond your control.

Another category is worth noting here: it's things that would drive any same person crazy but drive someone with ADHD COMPLETELY FUCKING NUTS.

Our admin is resetting the database. (Pause)

I'm going to try it again now...

No comments:

Post a Comment