Monday, March 29, 2010

Grad school advising, done right...

I am delighted to announce that I have a grad school advisor who is awesome. She is always supportive and solution-oriented. She does not pass judgment on my ADHD-student dilemmas. She's willing to hear where I'm coming from, and she genuinely wants to enable me to do the best that I can.

I suspect it also didn't hurt that until I got to these past two semesters, I had a 3.8 and had been a lively and very participatory student in my courses for two years. So...she knows I'm not just a screw off.

Whew.

Anyway...finally heard back from her...I still have a ton of shit to do, but she's good at helping me focus on possible solutions and where they can take me, and what I need to do to get there. I'm usually pretty good at doing this for myself, but right now I'm just so tired and frustrated that it's nice to have someone there who is able to help me see past the immediate and keep going.

So...we'll figure something out.

And I'll pull a late night at my office where there are no distractions...like internet connections that work only intermittently...like pets driving me nuts...and just get some work done.

No comments:

Post a Comment