Monday, March 29, 2010

Balls, meet wall

I am hosting a one-woman work marathon at my office desk this evening. And it seems to be working. I've hardly stopped since 2pm and am continuing until I have reclaimed my soul.

First I finished my entire to-do pile of office work. Then I launched into the homework tangle.

I seem to have mustered just enough pure unadulterated anger with the situation to motivate myself to just crank.

I just can't have this crap hovering over my head any longer, I can't stand it. It's literally driving me nuts and I won't stand for it.

I've got the conditions in the office just right: deep house radio is on, the desk lamp (covered in paper to make it less bright) is on. The dog has been fed and potty mission accomplished so he's snoozing. And I printed out the info I dug up that I need to complete the assignment, because sifting through it on the computer was totally overwhelming.

F*ck that. Overwhelm can kiss my ass.

2 comments:

  1. Hello,
    Great Blog. You sound busy like me. I wonder how we keep ourselves afloat, but we somehow manage. Take care,
    Mike.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reading, Mike. I too wonder how we slog through this stuff sometimes... but we do :)

    ReplyDelete