Sunday, November 22, 2009

Dogs and cats don't comment on your habits

And that's why I'm enjoying spending my day with them. How peaceful. Animals have always made more sense to me than people. We're just chillin' and reading and doing homework (and begging for snacks...yes, all of us, I'm starving).

I'm just not that big a disaster. Do I always do everything on other people's schedules? NO. My home is sometimes cluttery but is it a disaster, or is it filthy? Nope. It's tidy and quiet and peaceful here. The animals are happy and so am I. Everyone's warm and cozy. The new pup is fitting right in. And I'm diving into the core of the remainders of my homework with efficiency.

Do I miss the boyfriend? Yes, sometimes I do. Do I miss that weight of his undeserved disapproval pressing down on my heart? Nope, not so much.

I wish that I'd learned more positive lessons from relationships thus far in my life, but to be honest, I haven't. I have learned that most of the time they drain my energy and get in my way.

The dog and cats don't. Well then, they can stay ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment