Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Boys, boys, boys

...we like boys in cars...buy us drinks in ba-aaarrrsss..oh Lady Gaga, you make it sound so easy! And so fun. And so tawdry...and I mean that in the good way (after all, tawdry isn't always a good thing...).

But I listen to your songs, and then I think about dating and I go "I think I'll get a dog because training a puppy is WAY easier than having relationships". I know there's nothing wrong with that, and I know I'll just roll with that a while, but I do like fun. It's just...boys just aren't that fun for me most of the time. Oh they are at first, which is probably what Lady Gaga is so fond of singing about...but that's not what I'm talking about.

Hanging out with puppies is fun. Sharing the couch with cats is fun. Planning cool new stuff for the coming year is FUN. Cleaning my house is fun (yes, I like cleaning my house). Reading about painting is fun, and so is painting. Plotting fantastic new schemes with my girlfriends is fun. So many fun things to do and dating just isn't one of them, even if boys have cars AND buy drinks in bars...

2 comments:

  1. There is NOTHING wrong with dating. I just left a relationship where my focus on my goals was not tolerable to my partner though...so there's nothing wrong with dating, I'm just not in a hurry to spend more energy fielding other people's opinions about my ambition right now, that's all ;) I have work to do, and it's very important to me...so that's my number one priority.

    ReplyDelete