Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Circles, the good kinds...

...the other night I kept dreaming of silversmithing. It's not a craft I practice, but it's one I admire, and I did take a workshop once to learn the basics. One of the basics that you learn is how to make circles from silver wire...how to solder the shut to create a whole, from a line.

In my waking life, I would have to put in a lot of practice to get good at this, because wow...I did not take to it quickly and I could not close the circles.

In my dream it was a little different. I was able to close the circles and felt so proud of that. The circles themselves were not perfect, they were a little misshapen, but they were closed: success! I would finish and inspect each one, delighted with my progress, and thinking about how I was going to be able to learn to make them more beautiful, and more useful.

Even amid a storm of other people's insanity, my subconscious at least can take the time to remind me that my imperfect journey is beautiful, and it is real, and it is worthwhile...and worth continuing. That I am in receipt of challenges that I am ready for.

No comments:

Post a Comment