Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Oh come on now...

...I didn't realize that I'd run out of refills on my 25mg nortriptyline. I have 10mg ones and can double them up to get by, but after a few days, the missing 5mg starts to matter...as you can probably tell from my previous post. Cheers to that...

I'd called the last pharmacy that had filled the prescription to get my refill and was informed that I was out. Oops.

Well that's okay, I just needed to call my prescriber for a refill. I called, I left the message and I was VERY SPECIFIC about which pharmacy to leave it at, because I don't have a car, and I can only get to the one closest to my house on a regular basis.

And of course when I called to see if my prescription was ready (because nobody ever called to tell me if they'd gotten the message or filled the prescription) I was informed that I had called the wrong pharmacy because duh, my meds are totally at a pharmacy that I can't get to. And tomorrow is the one day of the week where my husband's schedule (he who has the car) is inflexible.

We'll get it figured out and everything will be fine, but I wrote this whole pathetic episode out solely for the purpose of demonstrating that the stakes are a little higher in these situations for people who have ADHD or in my case anxiety. It's enough work for me to organize myself and my life...without my mental health prescriber's office (haha, that is pretty funny) screwing up my meds for me like that, so that I have to figure out how to get the meds AND I have to go probably a couple more days without medication that I really genuinely need right now.

Boo. First-world problem, but boo anyway.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, the stakes are higher, Katy.

    You know, some physicians' offices have an auto-remind service for their patients with ADHD, for just this purpose.

    We are lucky to have a 90-day option (mail order pharmacy). That means dealing with this stuff only 4 times a year instead of 12. Makes a difference! (It's cheaper, too.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not aware that this office has an auto-remind service...but man, that would be great.

    I'm going to look into the mail-order possibility though. I've never done it, but that doesn't mean my insurance company doesn't offer it. Hmmm.

    ReplyDelete