Wednesday, May 19, 2010

My ADHDog

This is Chico. Chico is kind of a genius. He's also totally ADHDog. And poor ADHDog's dog-mom (me) has been so consumed by schoolwork for weeks and busy being ill in the last couple of weeks that...poor ADHDog has slowly evolved into a complete a-hole. A whining, barking, chewing, whimpery, jumping, demanding, snotty little tornado of terror. 5.5 lbs of WTF. Just look at that smirk. And it's not his fault.

It's not his fault that his dog-mom has been maxed to the gills past her ability to cope and has truly been focused on everything but him.

Well yesterday was your lucky day Chi. Chico bootcamp began! This little pup needed to be reminded that he's a dog :)

Amazing how imposing a little routine and a little firm but compassionate "I'm the boss of you" whips a little dude into shape. Two days ago he was being a mouthy little twit and ignoring all reason. Today, doing tricks on command for chicken, getting the clue that sometimes the pup needs to hang out and wait when it's not his turn, snoozing happily in his crate and playing like a dog instead of a hurricane.

Yipyip hooray!

3 comments:

  1. I love your pooch. Such a cutie. Is he a Chihuahua? I used to own one named Fritzie! I have two pooches to care for. My ADHDog's name is Cole, he is a poodle/pomeranian mix. I think he really DOES have ADHD too! I made him his own blogcomic.
    http://coleskibble.blogspot.com/
    Chico will start getting more love and attention from here on out now that his "mommy" has completed her Master's! Congratulations again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Amazing how imposing a little routine and a little firm but compassionate "I'm the boss of you" whips a little dude into shape." Wait a minute. Is the little dude Chico or Sunny? (or both?) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG...Cole has his own blog! LOOOOOVE!

    Jeff, Sonny is the boss of his own routine, I don't mess with that :)

    ReplyDelete