Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Awwwww fuckit!

This morning I seriously considered quitting school. Oh, I'm not joking...and I'm only sharing this because this is an ADHD blog and I write it because I want people to understand what it's really like here in my ADHD brain.

And this morning, my ADHD brain was very seriously considering a big fat FUCKIT. I can't honestly say I'm not still thinking it but...I'm working on exorcising the demon.

Tells you a little something about the power of the impulse that I would even consider such a thing when I have a 3.8 GPA and have gone through three years of grad school...and am about to graduate...but I'm pretty burnt out. Burnt out to the point of extreme stress and suspiciously after being healthy all winter while surrounded by little germ-factories I have now been sick twice in as many weeks? Really? Yeah...I know it's just my body concurring with my mind but dammit...

2 comments:

  1. I completely understand. I'm set to finish my graduate degree in two weeks... I went from a 4.0 to getting B's - and NOT CARING! Was diagnosed with ADHD two months ago and told life changes sometimes overwhelm ADHD'ers coping mechanisms ... the chinks in my armor suddenly became apparent. 2 weeks left and I still have a paper, and final due from my previous two classes. AND am behind 3 assignments in my current class. I too am tempted (on a regular basis) to just say "fuck it!". But I'm trying, really trying... 2 weeks, 2 weeks, 2 weeks...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhhh I know what you mean about not caring...uggggghhhhhhhhhhhhh! Well just push past it...that's what I'm doing ;)

    ReplyDelete